- Download NavExplorer from the Play Store on your watch
- Open the app
- Swipe down from the top to open the navigation bar
- Click the WiFi icon
- Your watch should connect to WiFi and show the FTP address for the server. (Make sure you are connected to the same WiFi as the client device)
- Install a FTP client on your iPhone like FTPManager
- Create a new FTP connection
- Manually start the FTP server on your watch. It should display an address like this ftp://192.168.1.6:2122/
- Enter the server details on your iPhone. With the example the information would be:
- Address: 192.168.1.6
- Port: 2122
- Account: Anonymous (No password or username should be required)
- Connect to your FTP server. Keep in mind your address may change depending on your network so make sure you change your connection if necessary.
If your watch is still running Android Wear instead of Wear OS and is having trouble transferring the app or you are running a watch that does not allow the install of Play Store apps you can download the APK file here and side-load it. Keep in mind that using this method may not be able to contact the phone app as it relies on the latest version of Wear OS APIs. You can still use any third party FTP client however.